Friday, September 23, 2011

Presenting the Inkling by Wacom (w/Photos and Video)

Wacom is soon to come out the the Inkling and I for one am pretty excited.  The date has been pushed back to October though which always makes consumers worry.  Anything could be happening, issues with software, hardware, resources, or they can just be working harder on perfecting before a release!  I'd like to stay positive about this exciting new tool.



What is Inkling?

The Inkling is different from any product before.  Wacom already has tablets in which you draw with a stylus on a screen but now you can clip a sensor onto any surface or sketchbook and draw with ink. The Inkling is going to be amazing for the first drafts and creative brainstorming that a designer, illustrator, or any artist desperately needs.


 What does the sensor do?

This sensor acts as a receptor for the information the ink is putting down.  It includes a handy little button that allows the user to create new layers.

New Layers… wait what?

The sensor then can be hooked up to any computer via USB and your drawings can be placed into a variety of programs including Photoshop and Illustrator. 

The best thing?

These images when placed in your favorite program will be DIRECTLY EDITABLE.  They will be ready to go in Photoshop and in Illustrator, they will be vector drawings that are ready to move and change with clicks of your mouse!


But, I like the tablets, what about them?

After you draw out your idea, you can further refine your work with an Intuos of Cintiq!

I draw a lot… what if I’m not always near a computer?

The inkling sensor can store hundreds of layered images before needing to be hooked up!

To be clear, check out the video of this product in action!



The possibilities are endless and for a price of $199, the possibilities are more than worth it.  I know that this product is on my Christmas list and if I don’t get it, I will be saving up for it myself. 

Look for my review the second I get to play with this innovation!


   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment